Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How soon is too soon?

I just wan't to say how I hate the fact that so many teens are having kids at this age. I seriously have no clue what is going through their heads, nor will I, but all I know is that it is the most ignorant mistake. How hard is it to use protection? I hate how they are thinking "We've only had sex once without protection, but the other times we always use protection." Why on earth wouldn't you use protection that one time? Were you that lazy? You're lazy to protect yourself from becoming a future parent? I don't care if you're "caught up in the moment". That is no excuse to not have the common sense in things like this. I found out someone I talk to is pregnant. I am shocked. I can't believe her. "One thing led to another and you know what happens." Bullshit. You know what you were doing and you could have had the control, but instead you set your worries in the back of your mind and you ignored them. I honestly feel bad for her because I know she is going to have a rough time. I also can't believe some people are excited she is going to have a baby. I know it's wrong to not be supportive about this, but why would you be happy she is having a baby? She is 16 years old damn it. She is not ready to carry around this child with her. I just don't know what to say to her. I mean I can't say "Congratulations!" That is wrong to encourage what she has done. That is like saying "Hey girl, you didn't have protected sex? Awesome!" I can only say I will now witness before my eyes what is going to happen in the following months.

No comments:

Post a Comment